HOW TO CHOOSE A DANCE SCHOOL? PART 1
1. Decide on the purpose of classes:
development of coordination, ethics, aesthetics, physical endurance, choice of future profession (for children)
take free evenings/weekends
have a good time with your loved one
find your soul mate
get out to parties and feel confident
prepare a surprise for a holiday for loved ones
learn to dance in General (move and feel comfortable) or learn to dance a specific dance
increase self-esteem, improve gait (posture, grace, etc.)
find a new hobby or musical preferences
expand your circle of friends for personal or work purposes
2. Let’s say you have chosen a dance school Kizomba or bachata (salsa, tango, etc.) Then find out about the teachers: whether they have a choreographic education, whether they performed at competitions, how long they teach, whether they participate in festivals, and master classes in their own country or abroad, with whom they collaborated. Increase your skills at the moment and the stuff that is important to you.
3. Be sure to go to a trial lesson (or several), look at the teachers, look at the people and the dance itself. Whether the manner of conducting a lesson, collective suits you. Load and tempo of the chosen dance. Decide whether you want to study in a group or individually.
4. Remember that sometimes dancing is just dancing. Came to class. Work out. Go home.
In some schools it is also a team and activities, joint parties, walks in the Park, flash mobs. Dancing can give not only the pleasure of music, movement and results. But also friends, hang out in addition to dancing, infinite communication in SOC.networks, exchange of experience and music, joint access to parties, sudden dances in parks and on the streets of the city, meetings, all the time growing circle of friends who are passionate about the same as you… Sometimes dancing is more than training in the gym.
5. If you have decided on a school (Studio, club) talk to the teacher, tell us what is important for you, specify the form of clothing for classes, discuss the schedule on which you are comfortable to attend classes. Select the direction of the dance.
I believe that dancing classes are more than just working in the gym. More than movement to music, more than the development of plastics, musicality and so on. One of my students once said: “I realized that my life changed with the arrival of Kizomba, when I began to choose a watermelon as usual by knocking. I chose it professionally and quickly because I began to distinguish even deaf blows”….))) Dancing will inevitably change your world for the better, brighter and more interesting side. Life will open to you more brightly than ever. You won’t notice it right away… But one day you will go to choose a watermelon…)